Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today's Rummage Finds

My daughter, who is graduating from high school the end of this month, is moving toMarshfield this summer to start college classes this fall.  So today we went to a village-wide rummage sale in Wrightstown with my friend, Suzanne.  We had a SUPER time!!!!  I was afraid we were going to be rained on all day, but  God blessed us with a perfect day for sale-ing!  YEAH!!!!  

WOW!!! Did we ever find the deals!!!  I think the only major thing Brianna needs now is chairs for her FREE kitchen table...THAT'S RIGHT ~ FREE!!!!  Can't beat that!  We stumbled across a lady that was cleaning out her garage (we thought she was having a sale) earlier today, and when we passed by her house later, she had the table (along with another FABULOUS find that I will be posting later!) at the end of her drive way with a "FREE" sign on it.  We struggled for awhile trying to figure out how to get it in the van...but eventually, thanks to the advise of our pastor, who is also Brianna's boyfriends dad, we took the legs off the table and everything worked fine!  You should have seen our van!  Brianna had to sit with us in the front it was so full!

I did manage to find a few goodies myself, and only spent less than $20!  COOL!  Here's some of what I got:

The cherry set is for my other daughter ~ she loves cherries!  I have needed some new curtains for our bedroom ever since I shrunk the ones hanging now (oops!) - PERFECT!  The white box will be a great addition to my "NEW" scraproom (premiering this fall, God willing!).  My friend, Kim is always looking for planters for the jungle in our office!  And I just liked the plate - hey, there's roses on it!!!  Couldn't pass it up for .75!  I also got a magazine rack, also for my scraproom, and some canning jars.

I will post a picture of my FREEBIE later.....IT IS AWESOME!!!!  Now just to figure out where I'm going to put it!  That will be the challenge!  But it's worth it!  (curious yet???)  tee hee!  :)

No comments: