Sunday, May 3, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch 66 - Wisdom

I LOVE Taylored Expressions Weekly Card Sketch Challenges!!!  Last night I was in the "crafty" mood, and needed a card, so I used the latest TE sketch below:


Here is what I came up with.  I'm really happy with how this one turned out!


The butterfly punches are popped up with their wings bent to give it some depth.  I also popped up the center block:


(sorry for the "foam" view on the butterfly!)


I really like this card.  I have not done a whole lot of embossing in the past because I always got little specks all over the place.  UGH!  Then I bought one of those little powder pouches.  They help alot, but not completely.  It helps to remove the oils from the paper you're embossing on, which will limit the amount of stray specks.  Maybe after I use this technique more often, I will get better at it...I don't know if it is something that can be helped, tho.  If anyone has any ideas on how to remove those little stray specks, please share your knowledge!!!!  :)

Next on the agenda ~ Mother's Day cards!  I'm waiting until the Mojo Monday sketch comes out tomorrow to see if it's one I can work with...need to get them done tomorrow night so I can get one mailed out to Mom in Colorado!  Maybe this time I won't be late.  There is always hope!

Card Recipe:  Stamp:  CTMH Wisdom; Papers: Far East Mat Stack by DCWV, Archiver's, & stash; Martha Stewart butterfly punch; gemstones and metal dots.

1 comment:

Marcea said...

Wow, this is gorgeous
Thanks for entering my candy - good luck
-x-