Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cards for Dad's Birthday

Yesterday I realized that both my dad's birthday AND my father-in-laws birthday are coming up quite quickly...like within the next week! So I needed to get busy making a couple cards. I decided this year to make the same, but slightly different cards for both...mainly because I am running out of time for getting my dad's card in the mail! This is what I found to "lift" from an old ideas file. On the left side of each card, I swiped Bamboo (CTMH) and Chocolate (CTMH) ink pads to "skuff" it up. You would never guess that I DID NOT use red on the card on the right! That was an accident, but just goes to show that even when you do something you didn't expect (whoops! I goofed!), it all works out! I think what happened is that on the left card I swiped the light color first, and for the card on the right I swiped the light color last and it picked up the Chocolate, mixing the colors to tint it red. So I just used a scrap of Barn Red (CTMH) for the center accent! Perfect! If I had said nothing, you would have never known it was all quite by accident! :)



This card will go to my father-in-law since he used to be in the Navy.







And this one will go to my dad...for no particular reason!







I've been working on scrapbook pages from a recent trip to a women's monastery in Michigan. I'm almost done so I will wait to post them all at the same time.

No comments: