Saturday, July 3, 2010

Enjoying the Beauty of God's Creation

I have always dreamed of having my own garden,
full of beautiful flowers and yummy veggies!
When we started looking for our first home 9 years ago I had hoped that we would have a place with enough room for this garden.  It ended up that the house we bought had very little space for a garden, most of the yard is shaded, and time for gardening was and is practically non-existent.
I've done what I can with what little I have, with a small floral garden on the side of the house.  It's not much, but it will do.  And if I had time, I could have used more space in the back yard for a shade garden...but that never happened.

So, we take the time to enjoy OTHER gardens!
Like my mother-in-law's.
Recently, my daughter took a weekend trip to her Gramma's house.  While she was there, she took some pictures around the yard.  Just look at these beauties!


These are real!






Mom's Garden

We also went to the Green Bay Botanical Garden last week:













So many beautiful roses!!!!


This is cool!  A smoke bush!  It really looked like smoke!


There was also a maze!  Can you see us?


Now this is a unique specimen!

(my mother-in-law)
Butterfly Wishes

Yesterday a butterfly
Came floating gently through the sky.
He soared up through the atmosphere
Then drifted close enough to hear.

I said, "I'd love to fly with you
And sail around the way you do.
It looks like it would be such fun
To fly up toward the summer sun.

But I have not your graceful charm.
I haven't wings, just these two arms.
I've been designed to walk around.
My human feet must touch the ground.

Then magically he spoke to me
and told me what his wish would be.

He said, "What I'd love most to do
Is walk upon God's Earth with you,
To squish it's mud between my toes
Or touch my finger to my nose.

I'd love just once to walk around
With human feet to touch the ground,
But I have not two legs that swing,
I haven't arms, just these two wings."

And so we went our separate ways
In wonder and surprise.
For we'd both seen God's precious gifts
Through someone else's eyes.

Author Unknown

(my lovely daughter)


What a beautiful display of God's creation!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Lori

2 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Thank you for taking us on your lovely day. So many beautiful flowers, including those two on the butterfly bench. ;-)
xoxo
Donna

June said...

Lori this garden is beautiful! I loved seeing the blooms in your MIL's garden as well. The bench is so cool. You make a beautiful butterfly.
hugs