Monday, March 8, 2010

Bridal Shower Card

Well, I didn't get as much accomplished this weekend as I had hoped.  I did get a gift made for a friends bridal shower next week.  So tonight I made the card.  When giving a gift, most of the time I will match the card to the gift ~ but not this time.  You will have to wait to see what the gift is (I know ~ I'm cruel!).

The wedding colors are royal blue and bright green.  I'm sorry, but I just couldn't bring myself to put bright green on a shower/wedding card.  I don't know...just seems too bright or unusual...something!  So I just went with royal blue for the accent paper.



(I apologize for such horrible pictures.  One of these days I will make a photo box for my cards.)

The dress is a sticker that I put on white paper & cut out.  It is popped up from the embossed background but you can hardly tell.  Word is stamped with silver ink.

Now the only thing left is the inside.  In case you haven't noticed, I'm not a very "wordy" person, so I really struggle with what to put on the inside of cards without sounding totally tacky.  So if you have any ideas, feel free to share them!  :)  

Thanks for stopping by!
         Have a great day!

                  Warmly,
                         Lori

1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

Lori,
This card is so creative, and so sweet.

Sometimes less words are better, so just say what is on your heart.

hugs and blessings

barbara jean

PS I answered your email. =)