Saturday, September 12, 2009

Treasure Altered Journal

A few years ago I started making altered journals to sell. Though it takes me FOREVER to complete one and they are pretty labor-intensive, I really like making them! I'm considering starting to make them again...

Anyway, all this to say that a couple weeks ago my daughter asked me to make her a journal. She picked out the paper for the front cover, and the rest she left up to me, which is pretty scary considering our tastes are not the same. So I'm hoping that I didn't over-do this one because I am very happy with how it turned out. I would probably put a little more bling into it if it were up to me, but I don't think Bri would like that. I can always add it if she wants me to later.

Here is the front. Her favorite color is blue, and at first I didn't think I had much blue paper until I sorted through all my stash...and it's the color I have most!

(all pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them)

The charms, cross and fibers are hanging from a hair pin that I just slipped over the cover. I found the heart with her name on it a couple years ago and was just waiting for the right time to use it!

The Fun Fur has beads on the ends...not much...just enough to add some weight to keep it hanging straight.

Here's a close-up of the bottom corner. I think the butterfly is also off a hairpin that was probably picked up at the local thrift shop sometime, as well as the "MakeAWish" pin. I LOVE the metal roses in the center of the flower & on the cross! Found those at ARTChix Studio and they come in several different colors.

Inside the front cover is a frame die-cut from my stash with a flat metal heart in the center. I didn't want to have too much inside here so it won't interfere with writing in the journal. You can't see it well in the picture, but I sponged Staz-On black, purple and blue ink onto a piece of Denim cardstock (CTMH) to coordinate with the front paper. REALLY like how that turned out - sort of a soft marble look.


The paper on the back of the journal is from a stack of hand-pressed paper I found at our local grocery store's scrapbooking section!

One more thing to scratch off my To Do list! Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Janine said...

This is just beautiful!