Wednesday, September 23, 2009

JustRite Mojo Monday

My very good friend's birthday is this week, so it was the perfect opportunity to break out my new JustRite stamps and play! Honestly, it took me a while to figure out how to use them without smudging everything, but just like with many stamps, you may need to "season" it before you actually use it on a project.

I used the Mojo Monday card sketch as the springboard for this card...made a few changes as you will see. But I actually chose to use this sketch for a very specific reason. My friend is always teasing me about how linear I am.... I hardly EVER use circles on my cards or on my scrapbook pages. So I made a point to show her that I really can do it! I am getting better! And the Nestabilities die cuts really help with that! LOVE 'EM!

Front of card:

I changed the length of the strips accross the front (you can hardly see the thin lace in the picture), and put the pearl accents in the upper corner instead.

The center of the large circle is popped up, as well as the small circle with the butterfly on it depth. Also added glitter to the transparent butterfly sticker.


The paper is actually a scrapbook page kit that I found at the Dollar Store a couple years ago. Love the colors and the stickers! Don't know why it took me so long to use this stuff! The friend sentiment stamp is from the See-D's Victorian Flourishes set.

If you're reading this, Kim, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that you are enjoying your vacation!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

No comments: