Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's In the Bag!

Last Saturday was the first Saturday in a long, LONG time that I didn't actually have something that NEEDED to be done.  And for a long, LONG time (since the making of my first bag), by daughter has wanted me to make her a bag featuring her all-time favorite actress, 
Audrey Hepburn.

So Saturday was the day to
"Get 'er done!"

I have never printed on fabric before, but have read from several blogs about different methods.  The method I chose is probably not the best method for something that could need to be washed in the future...but I think there is a way to set the image before washing.  I'll have to check my files again.  I used an 8x11 sheet of mailing labels, stuck the muslin on it, trimmed & ran it thru the printer ~ Easy Peasy!

And here we go:
 
After printing the picture onto white muslin, 
we added a small black floral border.


Then sewed the picture onto the front of the bag.

Whipped it all together and added straps & bows...

And...

WhaaLaa!

An Audrey Hepburn backpack bag!

Not bad for someone who doesn't sew much!
And it all started with a simple idea!


I'm linking up today with Tea Rose Home's
Check it out for some great inspiration!
Hugs!
Lori

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it's EVER soo gorgeous! well done! j'adore! your daughter must LOVE it! :)

Tina said...

Wonderful bag Lori. You´ve done a great job on that. I´m sure your daughter loves it.
xo Tina

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Sweet gift for your daughter. She has classic taste!

Mary Ann said...

The new bag is so sweet. I am sure your daughter is thrilled! I just found your blog today!!

Please feel free to visit my blog... My blog giveaway is in full swing. Please be sure and enter by April 8th to win a $50.00 gift certificate! Here is the link"

Handcrafted by Mary Ann Miller

Dorthe said...

Lori, what a wonderfull bag- well both of them--- I ,too love the beautifull Hebburn- she was such a lovely actress.
Your daughter must feel very lucky, to recieve that lovely bag.
xo,Dorthe