Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Blessed Event!

Today was a day to celebrate!  A friend became a member of our church!  It was a long awaited event ~ 20 years in the making!  It was a beautiful service, called Chrismation, and afterwards we had a celebration with food and fellowship!  It is always a joy to see the Church family grow!

When I first started blogging, my focus was mainly on scrapbooking and cardmaking.  I am still actively doing both, although not as often as I would like.  So, here is the card I made for today's occasion.


I really love this new paper from Close To My Heart!  It is the Creative Basics Veranda Collection.  The cross was embossed on Vanilla Cream cardstock with clear embossing powder.  Then I used a sponge to add Juniper ink shading.  And I just can't use my Nestabilities die-cuts enough ~ LOVE 'em!

The card actually reminds me of vintage wallpaper!  And the ribbon a chair rail!  Of course I had to add distress ink along the edges to give it a bit of an aged look.

I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

SWEET CARD! THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG AND LEAVING A COMMENT. NOW I'M OFF TO VISIT THE REST OF YOUR BLOG!

Lisa said...

I love your card! I'm not much good at those. Everytime I try they look my kids did them! Lisa
PS Thanks for the sweet comment today.