Tonight my dh had to work - someone called in sick - so I used the opportunity to play! Was able to finish a card I started last night, AND get 2 more cards done, too!!! I used 3 sketches from theVerve October Release Party.
First up: Retro Rover! Here's the sketch:
I wanted the bottom strip to look kinda like a dog collar with the tag hanging off. Hopefully that point gets across... The dog is cut out and popped, and the green portion is popped, but you can't see it too well in the pictures.Recipe: Latte matstack (DCWV); Retro Rovers stamp (TAC); Brilliance Starlight Silver ink, Outdoor Denim ink (CTMH); watercolor pencils, Big Bite, Gamsol.
The next 2 cards are more my style - vintage.Sketch:
The flowers were sprayed with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist. I used a heat gun to speed up the dry time...but be careful! Don't whither the flowers (experience speaking here)! Charm and pearl button are also from my stash. I opted to leave out the journaling piece. Maybe I'll add it later when the card is needed for sending....maybe using a Nestabilities label! That would look nice! :)
I used a bit of creative license on this one...the little tab on the focal point just wouldn't work with what I had in mind, so I substituted a flower. Works for me! Lots of distressing on this one...almost wonder if it wasn't too much... But I'm happy with the end results so I'm not going to worry about it! :)
I found an old dictionary at a garage sale this summer so I used that for the "ribbon" across the bottom. The large butterflies are popped for dimension.
Recipe: K&Co "Ancestry paper; Vintage Postcard (CTMH), Travel (SeeD's), Postal (SeeD's), Collage Elements (SeeD's) stamps; Martha Stewart butterfly punch; "Bliss" Kaiser pearls.