Sunday, January 4, 2009

TECC49

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #49

I don't have any cupcake stamps, but I'm pretty happy with how my card turned out. So happy that I'm actually thinking of posting it on the Taylored Expressions blog! Big step for me....but a good one! :)

Here is this week's sketch:



And here is my card:






The squares with the music print are popped up, as well as the "valentine" & make my" labels and the heart. I made the labels by putting regular cardstock in a label maker and rubbing ink over the top to make the letters more visable. I've always wanted to try this technique, and I LOVE it! I will be doing that more often!!!







I didn't want to make something extremely feminine. I think this card could be given to a "Macho Man" without him thinking it was too corny... I don't know. What do you think?

Check out what the rest of the Cupcake Challenge crew put together on the Taylored Expressions website: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Aged Sheet Music (Cornish Heritage Farms); Playful Flourishes & Elegant Script (Close To My Heart)
Cardstock: More to Adore Level 2 Paper Packet & Cranberry (Close To My Heart)
Ink: Cocoa & Black(Close To My Heart)
Tools: Rustic Heart & Circle punch, Label maker, Brown ultrafine opaque Art Glitter (Barbara Trombley's), pop dots (sort of! I ran out of pop dots, so I ran a piece of foam thru my Xyron to make my own!)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Stunning card, Lori! I definitely think this could go to a macho man! :) Thanks for playing the challenge!